KiCsa defines :
- Employees (fellows)
- Skills, linked together through various and paramerizable
relationships (such as "Parent", "See also", "Use",
etc.). A set of skills and relationships is called thesaurus.
- Abilities : employees that have some skill(s) at
some expertise level
Application end users can be anybody (employees or not). They have :
- rights (which implies some workflow initiation)
- employee contact (directly, through a workflow, etc.)
- sub-skill proposal for an existing skill
- duties (worflow), if they have been nominated skill owners (or skill
- validation/cancellation of sub-skills proposals
- security rights delegation (in case of vacancy for instance)
Note that :
- The thesaurus :
- is a network (i.e. can have multiple "Parent" relationships
for example) even if is displayed in a tree fashion.
- can store any term type (not only computer-related for example)
- can use any relationship type. However some relationship types
should be tagged as :
- "Parent" (to allow a tree view of the thesaurus)
- "Synonym" (for multi-criteria skill search).
- is KiCsa application-independent.